Family

Family

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Trouble in paradise and a change of plan

We got up early, to beat the crowds in the park.  Doesn’t there always seem to be an excuse for him to wake me up early when I’m on vacation?!?! Well this time he was right. The park was already over run with hikers by 8am.  In fact, it was so bad there were no parking spaces at the trailhead to Delicate Arch. We found one spot marked RV Only and I was verbally accosted and almost run over trying to secure a regular spot. I met a VERY rude and unchristian ambassador of Utah.  



After that disturbing experience we (I) hiked 1.5 miles up the mountain about as fast as I possibly could- out of breath and flowing with anxiety (I) reached the summit in about 40 minutes. Todd casually strolled alongside me, not out of breath and not an ounce of anxiousness in his body.  We took the obligatory selfies at the arch as I tried to regain my composure.  The trek back down was not quite as fast- we did take in the moment and stopped to take some more pictures.











We left Delicate and headed to the Windows section.  Had a much nicer experience at this area not because the parking was better by any means, but maybe because all we encountered here tourists like ourselves and everyone was on their best behavior in a space not their own. We got some fun shots in despite all the best photo ops being overrun by said tourists. 







Yes - that is US! Tiny in the window and taken with the GoPRO


Yes - that is US! Tiny in the window and taken with the GoPRO 
and a 10 second goat like sprint into the shot by Todd!



(as you guessed there are a LOT more photos taken in Arches - I will try, if I have enough juice, to get those into a Google photo album and insert the Link here ASAP!)


That was IT for us in Moab. We had walked the downtown shops the first night and decided after lunch, a few phone calls and some online research (in the tiny parking lot we found that had signal) to go ahead and drive on to Telluride, Co Monday’s forecast for the hidden treasure town is 3-5 inches snow so we decided it would be best to get in and get our before that happens.  Onward we drive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment