Family

Family

Sunday, May 19, 2019

On the Road Again....

Before we started this trip I thought blogging would be an easy on the go way to share with family “as it was happening”. There would be plenty of down time in the tent at night and with no tv to zombie our minds I would put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard and blog the days activities. I imagined that during the many hours of driving I would stay head down in the iPad or laptop uploading photos and text to this blog.  What I didn’t foresee is falling asleep early each night exhausted from the days treks and just being outdoors (not to mention getting up at sunrise to get the day going makes you tired that much earlier!!) or that the drive would have so much awe inspiring scenes that Neither of us would take our eyes off the road for fear we would miss a minute of the beauty before us. I’m serious! The number of highway photos from the GoPro is ridiculous! I also did not expect the number of places along the way when we would be beyond cell service— but I should have expected that the most spectacular places are beyond the veil.

In my own way, I am giving you a multitude excuses for why the blog posts are lagging and that is not entirely within my control. I will continue to do my best but that may be several posts at once or writing them at 6am like I am now.

We last left you after the harrowing off road adventure to Toquerville Falls. Friday May 17 marked a week into this adventure and was our day to start the slow trek eastward. We got up early to head northeast to Moab and Arches National Park. Are you seeing a pattern with our driver and departure times??





(The videos may be too large... we will correct it when we aren't livin' it!!)








We arrived on schedule and began immediately, almost frantically, scouring the Colorado River bank campgrounds for an empty sites.  The “cheap seats” in this area are all first come, first serve and we were hoping we were early enough in the day and the season to snag one.  No. Evidently van lifers and older men on a midlife crises testosterone trip don’t work 9-5 and play in this kind of Adventureland all day every day.  We did find a place to camp, it was along the River, it wasn’t cheap- let’s leave it at that. 







No comments:

Post a Comment