Family

Family

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Over the rough rough road

So today was the day that Todd and Michael planned to drive up a little 'trail' in the 4Runner.  This is supposed to be a fun ride out to where you have no cell signal, no paved roads, basically no civilization of any kind is preferable. Most people who enjoy this would prefer the road not be exactly smooth either... in fact the bumpier, more rock crawling type activity the better.

Well, I went along for this ride.  Anyone who knows me knows that I like my feet firmly planted on terra firma, that I prefer not to flip my vehicle upside down when I am in it and above all I do not take risky driving moves with an newer car (any car for that matter -but I'm extra careful about a newer model).  Well this was not my kind of trail drive.  I was told it was also not a really bad or dangerous one - in fact, Todd never put the car into 4WD - they did however, stop to air down the tires for a smoother ride at one point.  


The falls at the end were very pretty, as was the landscape we were driving through.  We only saw two cars and a side by side the whole way out and back and there was no "civilization" to be seen anywhere in view.  Todd enjoyed it and learned a few new tips from Michael who has done this sort of thing throughout his life on these rocky type trails all over the state of Utah.












The day ended with a lovely visit 💚 & a rainbow coming down on the mesa behind Crystal's house!



No comments:

Post a Comment