Family

Family

Thursday, May 16, 2019

The Mountains Majesty....

SOOOOOO SORRY for missing a day of posting but we were LIVIN' LIFE!! :-)

We have not been "camping" in southern Utah but we have spent the past two days hiking and exploring the great outdoors.  My sister and her wonderful husband have graciously shown us some new and different views of their big backyard.  This is our fourth trip to Utah and we are still in awe at the beauty that can be found at each and every turn (literally!).

Our first day was spent hiking.  Hiking to Angel's Landing in Zion and then after a quick dip in the pool, a quick hike up the mountain in the next neighborhood over.  What?!?!  Yes, we drove a few streets over, parked in a cul-de-sac and although I only got half way up (was afraid of falling back down the steep rocky path at dusk), Todd climbed the mountain and we both got to see the sunset from one of the best viewpoints that I could imagine.

I will post a few pictures of Zion here... and then follow this link to a google album full of more.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hCtGrxk9mRmWcuqg6

Hiking to Angel's Landing was a "strenuous" hike.  Not necessarily the skill required or even the steep incline to the top... for me it was the air.  I had to slow my pace and concentrate on my breathing but once I got the hang of it - I made it to Scout's Landing. I never could have done this if I had not been walking so much the past 6 months.

 Todd of course was not phased and made it all the way to the top of Angel's with ease.  When you see the photos he took on the .5 mile climb and the views from the top, you will know why I chose to sit that last bit out ;-)
By the way... not many pictures on the way up - Waited until the way down and we weren't out of breath!!


This is Scout's Landing, where Crystal and I waited while Michael and Todd braved the crowds for the summit.

We waited among friends....


Views from the top!



On the way up the switchbacks were KILLERS!!  On the way back down they were much more fun!



There was on nice smooth shady trek through the mountain that was the best part of the whole hike!



The views were worth every huff and puff!!













No comments:

Post a Comment